Jump Start (Speech & Language Development)
60 minute talk designed for parents whose children are not yet talking or just beginning to use words or phrases (6 months to 3 years of age).
Topics to be discussed include:
- Ways to stimulate and expand children's early speech and language skills.
- Ways to elicit early vocalizations, words and phrases.
- Examples of how feeding and drinking abilities impact speech production.
Taught by Nancy Hastings, MA, CCC, SLP
"Nancy was bubbly and extremely informative. And I love that she had a hand out, well organized."
"Nancy was very engaging and I took home a lot of tips."
"I found the information very helpful, on topic and appropriate. I already used some techniques on my son today! Nancy was knowledgeable, helpful, clear, concise, and gave out a take-away "cheat sheet" which was great!!!!"
"I was very happy with the talk. Nancy was passionate about the subject, and clearly very knowledgeable. She made it fun!
"Nancy was exceptional, knowledgeable, relative and very personable. My husband and I enjoyed the class and came home with many realistic approaches to helping our son use words instead of motions to communicate. I would recommend the class to not only parents, but grandparents and caregivers of toddlers."
The talk is FREE of charge
Space is limited so register early!
We can only offer the talk to families of our patients. If you're interested in attending, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
including answers to the following questions:
The talk is for parents only.
- How did you learn about the talk?
- What class date are you interested in attending?
- What town do you reside in?
- How old is your child?
- Who is your child's pediatrician?
- First and last name of attendees?
- Best phone number to contact you?
- What is your top concern that you would like to be addressed at the talk?
The next class is on:
- February 21, 2019
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- 2876 Main Street, Stratford, CT 06614
Classes & Events