Please Note: As a precaution against the spread of the Coronavirus, we are suspending this class until further notice.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please email the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Lactation classes are taught by our Certified Lactation Consultant, Dominique Harper, PA
. This class is designed to provide parents with an understanding of the advantages and benefits of breastfeeding. It teaches the basic mechanisms of breastfeeding pertaining to latch, milk supply and pumping. You will learn how to breastfeed:
- frequency of feed
- duration of feed
- feeding dues
- feeding log
- weight gain
- maintaining an adequate milk supply
This class will not answer every question. You will learn to breastfeed, just as you learn to parent, a little at a time. We are here for you each step of the way.
- "The class provided the information I expected. The explanations were straight forward and helpful. I would recommend this class to others. I would also encourage new moms to bring their support partners with them. One of the more valuable aspects was level setting with my husband so he understands the commitment that breastfeeding is."
- "Me and my husband both thoroughly enjoyed the class!!! She was amazing."
- "I enjoyed last night's class. It was very informative. I liked how Dominique kept asking if we had questions."
- "Dominique had a lot of information to share. She was able to answer all our questions. It was great that she is right within the practice, which is reassuring if an issue should arise."
- "As a first time mom I crave all the information and it was great to get it from a reliable source."
- Dominique provided real-life experiences and joked about certain things to make it more conversational. The topics were all about questions I had going into the session. It was very informative and would recommend it!!"
Class is FREE
Future Class Dates:
This class is offered EVERY month, however we do alternate hosting the class between our Stratford office
and Fairfield Center Office
to make it convenient for as many first time parents as possible.
- May 5th in our Fairfield office from 6:30pm to 7:30pm
If interested in attending, please send an email to email@example.com including answers to the following questions:
- What class date are you interested in attending?
- Your first and last name
- How did you learn about the class?
- When is your due date?
- Who is your OB/GYN?
- Is this your first child?
- What town do you live in?
- Will anyone be joining you for the class?
Next class is on: