Please tell us at this visit if you have well water or are exclusively using bottled water for your drinking supply. Have your well water checked for fluoride.
Growth & Development
- Your baby now prefers his/her mother, babbles, enjoys mirrors, smiles at his/her reflection, and recognizes familiar voices.
- Your baby can take an object in each hand and transfer an object between hands.
- Your baby can now roll front to back and may also pivot.
- Your baby may sit up briefly, leaning forward on his/her hands a rounded back.
- Solids including vegetables, fruits and meats can be started. Remember to introduce no more than one new food every three days. Avoid honey until your child is one year old.
- In order to recognize specific allergies, start only one new food at a time for three consecutive days before another new food is introduced.
- Offer 1-2 tablespoons of solid food 2-3 times a day.
- Place safety gates on stairs.
- Lock up poisons, medicine and cleaning supplies.
- This is a good time to begin to the introduction of a drinking cup with water.
- The first tooth usually erupts between 5 and 9 months of age. Use a soft cloth or toothbrush to clean each tooth with water only as it comes in.
- Vitamins with fluoride may be prescribed at this time.
Next Visit: 9 month checkup